Citizenship by descent
If you were born outside of Canada and one of your parents was a Canadian citizen at the time of your birth, you have a birthright to Canadian citizenship.
You don’t need to become a Canadian citizen, you should apply for your proof of Canadian Citizenship. In most cases, it would make the person a dual citizen of Canada and the country she/he was born. Obtaining proof of Canadian citizenship certificate allows you to live, study or work in Canada without needing any permits.
You are eligible for proof of Canadian Citizen if:
- If you were born outside Canada and one of your parents was a Canadian citizen at the time of your birth.
- If your child was born outside of Canada, and you or the child’s other parent was a Canadian citizen when the child was born.
- If you were born outside of Canada and one of your grandparents was a Canadian citizen when you were born, you might be a Canadian Citizen.
- If you were born in Canada, and you would like to obtain proof of your Canadian citizen.
A Canadian citizenship certificate is not a travel or identity document. To travel internationally you need a passport. You need your original Canadian citizenship certificate to apply for a Canadian passport.
We Can Help!
Applying for proof of Canadian Citizenship can be complicated and challenging. A high number of applications are rejected due to application errors or missing documents. If your application is returned for correction, the process would be delayed by a minimum of three months.
We can help you to apply for your Canadian Citizenship without any stress and unnecessary delays, by ensuring the process is done professionally, quickly, and efficiently. We will assist you with:
- Filling out the proper forms,
- Helping with the preparation of required supporting documents,
- Identifying a qualified photographer that specializes in Canadian citizenship photo,
- Assessing your application, documents, and citizenship photos prior to submission.
- Submitting your application on your behalf
- Acting as a liaison between our clients and government agencies, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Let our readily available Canadian Citizenship experts ensure that your proof of Canadian Citizenship application is done professionally to avoid rejection, delays, hassles, and headaches. We’re here to help!