Citizenship for adopted children
If a child was born outside of Canada and was legally adopted by a Canadian citizen, adoptive parents can pass on their Canadian Citizenship to the adopted child.
Adoptive parents can pass on their Canadian Citizenship to an adopted child if the adoptive parents were born in Canada or were Canadian citizenship by naturalization, at the time of adoption of the child. Obtaining a Canadian citizenship certificate allows you to live, study or work in Canada without needing any permit.
The Canadian Citizenship process for an adoptive child is a two-part process:
- Confirmation of Canadian Citizenship of the Adoptive Parent(s): this is to confirm that at least one adoptive parent is or was a Canadian citizen at the time of the adoption.
- Adoptee’s Application: this is to assess the adopted person’s eligibility for a grant of Canadian citizenship pursuant to section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act.
We Can Help!
Applying for Canadian Citizenship for an adopted child can be complicated and challenging. A high number of applications are rejected and returned for correction. If your application is rejected due to application errors or missing documents, the process would be delayed by a minimum of three months.
We can help you to apply for your Canadian Citizenship without stress and unnecessary delays, by ensuring the process is done professionally, quickly, and efficiently. We will assist you with:
- Filling out the proper forms,
- Helping with the preparation of required supporting documents,
- Identifying a qualified photographer that specializes in Canadian citizenship photo,
- Assessing your application, documents, and citizenship photos prior to submission.
- Submitting your application on your behalf
- Acting as a liaison between our clients and government agencies, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Let our readily available Canadian Citizenship experts ensure that your Canadian Citizenship application is done professionally to avoid rejection, delays, hassles, and headaches. We’re here to help!